[Nottingham] Video containers. I fixed my DLNA, but don't understand how

Neal Ponton neal at tutamail.com
Sun Jun 19 22:32:53 UTC 2016

 From my equally ignorant view on video containers: is it possible that the
TV can read files if they are in an "old skool" format like .avi or .divx or
.mpg? Once it has a peek inside a more esoteric container, such as mkv, and
thinks "oh, it's just an avi file!" it then has a go at playing it.
As a caveat, I know little about how (or why) we have video containers with
different codecs in them either.
Neal.

19. Jun 2016 21:42 by nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk: