[Nottingham] [Other] *THURSDAY* is the day to *VOTE*

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Fri Jun 24 22:33:56 UTC 2016

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016, Kev Maggs via Nottingham wrote:
> On 2016-06-22 22:14, Martin via Nottingham wrote:
> > A big reminder to *GET IN THERE AND VOTE* ...
> some of the opinions expressed on this mailing list give me cause

It seems reasonable to be encouraged to use one's vote.

Given the outcome, 50% of people are going to be on the side that
didn't win.  It is a lot to take in and absorb.  For some, it involves
their livelyhoods, such an the EU-funded academia post.  Others will
have family or partners with a different passport.  Still more may
have found themselves this morning unable to buy holiday currency,
or found it has cost them more (or no longer affordable).

One can repeat the result, but is widely known.  ...The more
interesting conversation is likely to come from talking, and being
open to listening to the impacts it is having on different people.
It is perhaps a way to start understanding, and ultimately coping.

	-Paul