[Nottingham] OK, where has 9/10 of my network gone?

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 19:50:55 UTC 2016

I have a wireless N router and I also have wireless N adapter. Great,
300Mbps if one believes the hype. So why the ****ing heck am I maxing
out at 30Mbps?

I'm in the same room as the router. 5Ghz is marginally better than
2.4GHz. My neighbours all play nice and are on 1, 6 or 11 in the
2.4GHz. I appear to be the only 5GHz signal. Apart from two mobiles
not in use, nothing else is on WiFi (and they're 2.4GHz).

I know it's not the server, client or discs because I can get ~935Mbps
over the wire.

Where do I being to figure out what I've gone wrong?

I o plan on switching from DD-WR to OpenWRT when I get the chance; not
sure if that will fix anything though.

Cheers,

J.