[Nottingham] OK, where has 9/10 of my network gone?

Aaron Jackson aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 21:40:23 UTC 2016

Out of interest, is this between two wireless devices or one wifi and
one cabled?

I have a TP-Link Archer C2 and get a disappointing 190Mbps when it
claims to offer 750Mbps. This is between my wired desktop and wireless
laptop. Just to check it wasn't the terrible Broadcom chip in my laptop,
I also tried it from my phone to desktop and got the same speed.

Aaron

Jason Irwin writes:

> I have a wireless N router and I also have wireless N adapter. Great,
> 300Mbps if one believes the hype. So why the ****ing heck am I maxing
> out at 30Mbps?
>
> I'm in the same room as the router. 5Ghz is marginally better than
> 2.4GHz. My neighbours all play nice and are on 1, 6 or 11 in the
> 2.4GHz. I appear to be the only 5GHz signal. Apart from two mobiles
> not in use, nothing else is on WiFi (and they're 2.4GHz).
>
> I know it's not the server, client or discs because I can get ~935Mbps
> over the wire.
>
> Where do I being to figure out what I've gone wrong?
>
> I o plan on switching from DD-WR to OpenWRT when I get the chance; not
> sure if that will fix anything though.
>
> Cheers,
>
> J.

(null)