[Nottingham] Linux VM performance

Daryl daryljdudey at gmail.com
Wed May 18 10:44:27 UTC 2016

Hi Neal,

Unfortunately I'm torn somewhat. I end up having to work on a Windows
machine a lot of the time (blame work), who are very strict about me not
installing a 'native' Linux installation.

On the other hand, I have a rather nice MacBook at home which doubles as my
home server. I've tried Linux on it before but it performs poorly in
comparison to Mac OS as regards battery life and user experience - things
like hardware not being supported and the trackpad working in a weird way.

As a result I make almost exclusive use of VMs for my Linux stuff.

Daryl.