[Nottingham] Beginning to program on linux desktop

Denny dennis.furr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:38:02 UTC 2016

Hi Ben,

I'm not a developer but I'm learning Python and so far I'm doing OK.  I
had some disadvantages in as much as I had to learn OO design patterns
so I read the GoF book but that slowed me down.  As for IDE, I use
Eclipse but I use it for a lot of different things such as Papyrus
(SysML).  The nice thing about Eclipse is that you can write some Java,
Python or just about any other *NIX dev language and you will have support.

I also have iPython Notebook installed.  It's brilliant for writing
little snippets and as I'm mostly interested in Saltstack and Ansible,
little snippets is often all that I really need.

Kind Regards,

Denny