[Nottingham] Viewing a second harddrive

ron_w_add at yahoo.co.uk ron_w_add at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 12:32:42 UTC 2016

Hello Martin
Thanks for your reply.
I have tried as you suggested. However, I am unable to see the second drive in the dev folder - all I have are sda, and sda1 to sda6. I would have expected to see sdb.
I have also:1) triedsudo lshw -C diskbut only see the primary drive.
2) tried attaching both the SDD and HDD as the secondary drive, but am unable to see them.
3) checked the cables and power sockets on motherboard by changing round the cables, but still unable to see the extra drive.
4) booted up the computer with the above SDD and HDD but have been asked for the floppy boot drive (does not now exist).
A further thing to point out is that the SDD and HDD have been installed with Windows 7. This should not be a problem as the old computer I am using to read the SDD and HDD was dual booted with Windows XP.
Do you have any more suggestions?
Thanks
Ron