[Nottingham] Viewing a second harddrive

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 10:21:59 UTC 2016

Ron,

Rather curious...

As Denny suggests: Might those drives be encrypted?...

Other possibilities are:

Re: "an old Ubuntu computer"...

Are those two disks using the 'new' GPT partitioning scheme and your old
Ubuntu is too old to recognize that?...

Next test would be to use a recent Linux distro to look to see what is
on those disks. Can you download a "Live distro" onto a DVD or USB-stick
and run that on your old machine to take a look?

Or... You are welcome to bring the two disks along to our next meeting
and we can take a look. Let us know if we need to bring a USB-SATA adapter?

--
- ║   Martin Lomas    ║ OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7 ║