[Nottingham] GCHQ proposes the Great Firewall of Britain

Godfrey Nix godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 13:54:01 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-09-15 at 13:15 +0100, Jason Irwin via Nottingham wrote:
> https://thestack.com/security/2016/09/14/gchq-planning-uk-wide-dns-firewall/
>
> Why do I get the feeling this is just a front to deepen their spying and
> privacy invasion on us?

Simply put, because the majority of the population have lost trust and
confidence in politicians and many votes now are simply a reaction
against the current situation, as explained by our ever helpful media
who are, of course, ahem, totally impartial.

Our politicians, on the other hand, are fully conversant with all
weighty matters such as global climate, state of education and health
provision, and are never influenced by any commercial interests, what?

Godfrey

Who, me a cynic? Never - I have full faith in the power of the people
and all wrongs will be righted when everyone acts ethically.