[Nottingham] System Administrator Required! (Birmingham)

Don Le don.le at mobilefun.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 14:17:01 UTC 2017

Do you want to become a System Administrator for an international online
retailer with a strong track record of sustained growth? Do you love Linux,
want to work with it on a daily basis, and want to grow your knowledge and
expertise? If you have answered yes to the above we would love to hear from
you!  It is also a very exciting time as we look to accelerate the growth
of our web development agency division: magic42.

You will be responsible for managing our network infrastructure of both
physical and virtual servers (mostly running Ubuntu Linux). In addition,
you will assist in supporting the Company’s day to day IT needs, and also
support the Dev Team with the deployment of new applications and systems.

This position will ideally suit someone with 1-3 years Linux sys admin
experience. We might also consider exceptional recent graduates who have
had relevant industry experience via placement years/Internships.

You will get to work with numerous Sysadmin / DevOps technologies including
but not limited to:

Ubuntu / Debian Linux, KVM / Proxmox, PFSense Firewalls, Puppet, Samba,
MySQL / MariaDB, Apache, PHP, various AWS Services, Nginx, Git, Puppet,
Vagrant, Virtualbox, Asterisk, etc.

*Requirements:*

- Solid understanding of networking principles, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.

- Experience of firewall configuration and network services such as DHCP,
VPNs, proxy services, etc.

- Experience managing lots (yeah, you know, more than a few!) of Linux
servers.

- Working knowledge of Linux Internals, diagnosing system performance at
all levels

- MySQL/MariaDB administration

- Configuring and optimising Apache & PHP

- Windows technical support experience

- Attention to detail, security conscious & hungry to learn

*You may also know something about:*

- Puppet or transferable knowledge with another configuration management
tool (Ansible, Salt, Docker, etc.).

- Shell scripting and/or configuration management.

- Git.

- Windows Server administration

This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual with passion and
enthusiasm for technology, who wishes to gain valuable experience at an
award winning online retailer. You will become instrumental in the
maintenance and development of an exciting e-commerce company as well as
supporting the growth of our new web development agency.

Benefits include pension, break-room with games console, Table Tennis and
Table Football, running/walking club, badminton club, organised 5-a-side
football matches, board games club, gaming nights, weekly IT workshops,
monthly hackathons and discount on Mobile Fun products.

Please reply if you are interested in finding out more or email me directly
on don.le at mobilefun.co.uk.

Looking forward to hearing from you!