[Nottingham] New laptop

Daryl daryljdudey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 07:42:19 UTC 2018

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the tips, i suspect that script will come in useful when I dock
to an external monitor.

I've mostly worked round the issues, some apps (Hiri/Spotify) have inbuilt
scaling settings that solve then problem. Gnome apps are 100% working as
standard, as are Firefox, Java apps. I just have a couple of proprietary
apps that I need for work causing me issues. VMWare Horizon Client for
instance, which is almost unusable.

Overall, it's not been a bad experience, and found it much smoother with
Ubuntu compared to Fedora Core and OpenSUSE.

Daryl.