[Nottingham] Next Social (Restaurant Hygiene Ratings)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 17:10:23 UTC 2018

John,

Quite a note!

Oooer... That's a bit of a duh! At least she wasn't closed for anything...

Shame such news stories are usually never followed up. Innocently
sampling the Dancing Dragon recently, I found the food was good with
prompt service. Note that the style is /very Chinese/ but veggie friendly.

Also, it is usefully at Canning Circus and nicely quirky for being set
into caves, similar to how the Hand and Heart extends backwards into caves.

Checking the ratings for more recently gives:

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/216580/Dancing-Dragon-Nottingham

103-105 Derby Road
Nottingham
NG1 5BB
Business type: Restaurant/Cafe/Canteen
Date of inspection: 26 April 2018

She now scores a "3" "Generally Satisfactory".

Mmmm...

Note that we've Debsh nearby which the group has been to and thought was
good. That scores a "2" at present!

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/217660/Debsh-Nottingham

153 Wollaton Street
Nottingham
NG1 5GE
Business type: Restaurant/Cafe/Canteen
Date of inspection: 12 March 2018

Yet note the further detail of "Hygienic food handling" for Debsh is
marked as "Good" but the very shabby building for them obviously gets
them badly marked down (no surprise!).

There is the Beijing Chef nearby with a score of "4":

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/1004974/Beijing-Chef-Nottingham

10 Alfreton Road
Nottingham
NG7 3NG
Business type: Restaurant/Cafe/Canteen
Date of inspection: 11 September 2017

Never tried that one. However note: The Beijing Chef has the higher
overall score, yet it is one category lower than Debsh for food hygiene.

Hence, what preference for Canning Circus Chinese? Or go Debsh Persian?

Debsh Restaurant
Persian/Iranian restaurant

http://debsh.restaurantwebx.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Debsh-Restaurant-151386841586913/?_fb_noscript=1