[Nottingham] Last meeting 23 August

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 20:40:50 UTC 2018

Nigel,

Indeed a good do was had by all. And 'twas very good we made progress
with your system...

On 28/08/18 11:02, NIGEL Black via Nottingham wrote:
[...]
> days as I've been trying several 64 bit distros.  Unfortunately I'm
> still only able to use them in a safe mode, even with lightweight
> distros such as Linux Lite and LXLE.  Don't know why if Mint worked last
> week.  I did have a poke around inside the PC afterwards.

You should be fine with the Nouveau graphics driver for your newer
graphics card...

Check which distro you would like to stick with? Then we can check for
adding graphics acceleration at our next fix-it/demo evening.

Also, it will be interesting to see which distro you settle upon :-)

Let us know how you get along!