[Nottingham] Slow mouse with high CPU

Daryl daryljdudey at gmail.com
Thu May 17 08:22:54 UTC 2018

I'm several months in of 100% Linux usage for work and play and it's all
working great. I've solved many little problems to get it all working as I
like but one thing is beating me so far.

When I have high CPU (one or more of the 8 cores running near max) my mouse
movement slows right down and then speeds up again when it's over. However
due to my workload I end up with unreliable movement.

It's a Logitech Anywhere MX wireless mouse, the one with the dongle and not
bluetooth. It's a new machine and I didn't experience this when I ran
Windows. I suspect that the USB ports are not being polled or responding to
interrupts or events.

Anyway, I'm coming along tonight but thought I would post it here first in
case there are any bright ideas!

Cheers,
Daryl.