[Nottingham] ssh and tab autocomplete in BASH

J jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:47:59 UTC 2018

Hello all,

Tab autocomplete is a wondrous thing when it works and for quite a while it
was for me. I have ~.ssh/config set-up with my various servers and keys and
it was great to be able to type "ssh a[TAB]" and have it fill in the rest.
Due to various stages of fat-fingering, it is now no longer fully
auto-completing as it has got some spellign misteaks stored somewhere.
Does anyone have any idea where that somewhere is?
I've tried mucking around with "complete", but it doesn't report back any
of the misspelled server names.
All I really want to do is reach into the file (or whatever) and removed
the duff entries.
Cheers,

J.