[Nottingham] fstab (before loopback services)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 19:29:16 UTC 2018

Stripes,

Two solutions are:

Add the "noauto" option to your fstab line. Then there is no action for
that entry upon bootup, but it remains available for when you later
issue your mount command. (Also specify "0 0" so as not to have any fsck
check being automatically run at boot.)

Use your:

mount /home/stripes/Dropbox

when ready.

Or...

Include the full details in your mount command without any need for the
fstab entry at all, for example:

mount -t ext4 -o defaults,user_xattr,loop /home/stripes/.dropbox/storage
/home/stripes/Dropbox

The mount should only be run once your decryption is running and the
whatever dropbox service/utility is running to provide the loopback.

Good luck!

On 29/09/18 10:37, stripes theotoky via Nottingham wrote:
> Ok so if that is what is going on how to I fix it?
>
> From November Dropbox will only support ext4 on Linux and this box is
> encrypted with ecrypts
> so I am trying  put Dropbox on ext4 and mount it as a loop.
>
> If I enable that line in fstab after logging in I can mount Dropbox with
>
> mount /home/stripes/Dropbox/
>
> and it works fine apart from the file browser showing both Dropbox and a
> 47GB Volume.
>
> I'm sure that can be sorted out but I want to get Dropbox auto mounting
> first.
>
>  Stripes
>

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 at 17:17, J via Nottingham
> <nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk <mailto:nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk>>
> wrote:
>
>     ARG! Loop! OK, so that explains that then, but my question still
>     stands; won't that it to mount prior to decryption leading to problems?
[---]