[Nottingham] fstab

stripes theotoky stripes.theotoky at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 28 12:14:11 UTC 2018

Could someone tell me why this line in /etc/fstab prevents starting the
xserver?

/home/stripes/.dropbox/storage /home/stripes/Dropbox ext4
defaults,user_xattr,loop 0 0

The computer is an old laptop running Lubuntu 16.04 with the home partition
encrypted with ecrypts.

The box boots ok ask for decryption password, starts up, briefly flashes
log in screen then drops to terminal with error message that I forget right
now.

Comment out the above line and restart it is fine.
Once started re-enable that line and mount dropbox works fine.

What have I got wrong?

--
Stripes Theotoky

-37 .713869