[Nottingham] How Much Memory Do You Need: 8, 16 or 32GB of RAM?

Daryl Dudey daryljdudey at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 19:36:31 UTC 2019

Martin,

It's an interesting article. Linux is definitely more efficient, but of
course, a lot of the applications are actually the same these days
across operating systems.

This is my Gnome 3.30 (or is it 3.32?) desktop with an average amount of
apps open.

It's definitely a problem of software not being developed to be as
memory tight as it used to be. I couldn't function with 16GB as I was
getting out of memory issues on large LibreOffice spreadsheets and with
some Java apps.

Daryl.