[Nottingham] [Talk] 7:30pm Thursday 18/07/2019: Is SVG The Future?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 12:10:06 UTC 2019

Folks,

We are enchanted to live in an ever higher resolution world with display
sizes and resolutions undreamt of in the days of the old CRTs. Does the
old raster scan imagery cut the scene any more?

Welcome to a new (old) world of vectors?

Hence follow the path to the ways of SVG... :-)

(Also note our new venue ;-) )

Set your vectors to 7:30pm Thursday 18/07/2019:

*Is SVG The Future* ?

All for the best graphics!

All at:

7:30pm

*The Herbert Kilpin*
http://thekilpin.co.uk/

10 Bridlesmith Walk
Nottingham NG1 2HB

Phone: 0115 9484743

OpenStreetMap: The Herbert Kilpin
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/52.95253/-1.14655&layers=H

For those unaware of that fine establishment, or for those not having
done their homework, a map or phone-a-friend may be of help!

We have a table upstairs booked for “NLUG Linux”. Please check with the
friendly staff if lost.

Some of us will be there early to sample some of their fine bar food :-)

Thence sometime later, we may well stay there or merely move next door!

For all and anything Linux and everything else... ;-)

All welcome! :-)

See ya there,