[Nottingham] RFC 1149 - Standard for the transmission of IP datagrams on avian carriers

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Jun 8 20:06:32 UTC 2019

On 07/06/2019 22:23, VM via Nottingham wrote:
> Something for the weekend :)
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149
>
> Well, turns out another LUG tested an implementation of the standard with a  report at
>
> https://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/writeup/

Good giggle! And a good reminder...

Thanks Vadim.

There is also:

IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of Service

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2549

There's been various other tests of that RFC with results that have
beaten established land-based carriers for data transfer time...

See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers

https://mg.co.za/article/2009-09-10-winston-the-homing-pigeon-draws-tweets-of-support

So...

Where is our decades overdue 'readily available' fibre-to-the-premises
for the UK?...