[Nottingham] FTTP Nottingham (Was: Re: RFC 1149 - Standard for the transmission of IP datagrams on avian carriers)

Dylan Swift dylan.swift at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 14:49:31 UTC 2019

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 at 21:06, Martin via Nottingham <
nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> So...

Where is our decades overdue 'readily available' fibre-to-the-premises
> for the UK?...
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Hi Martin,

in case you haven't seen all the vans around of late - Nottingham is
getting FTTP very soon - 3rd party crews have been undertaking ground works
(lots of codes daubed on the ground near the manholes in Wollaton - "R+R" &
"Block 25m", etc).
more information from here:
https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-first

Apparently the connections in Wollaton are all to be serviced from the
Basford exchange.

I'm lucky enough to be in the area covered in Wollaton, so I've expressed
interest with my ISP & I'm just waiting for the fibre modules to appear on
the telegraph poles (I was assured by the Openreach engineer I spoke with
that the fibres will be coming in the same way that the current copper
connections do).

[image: Screenshot from 2019-06-09 15-31-23.png]

I also have a colleague who lives in Ambergate who has just had it
installed at approx 150Mb/s down & 30Mb/s up though this isn't shown on the
openreach site.

Cheers

Dylan