[Nottingham] [Talk] *Tomorrow* 7:30pm 28/11/2019: An Unassuming Multifunctional Swiss-Army-Style Surprise

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Nov 27 13:16:56 UTC 2019

Folks,

Stumbling across an occasional repeated task of
what-to-do-with-a-gazillion-files, I was also reminded of the power of
some fiendishly powerful yet totally unassuming utilities that hide
their great flexible power behind their commandline name...

Would you prefer to suffer weeks of torture of many thousands of
repeated clicks? Or one commandline to do it all?

This evening will give a taster of what great powers lurk at your
fingertips on the keyboard to 'repurpose' your files!

Or... Enjoy a brief demo of how not to wear out your finger and mouse?!

All plus the usual random discussions and debug and Linux!

*An Unassuming Multifunctional Swiss-Army-Style Surprise*

*Tomorrow* 7:30pm 28/11/2019

All at:

*The Herbert Kilpin*

10 Bridlesmith Walk
Nottingham NG1 2HB

Phone: 0115 9484743

For those unaware of that fine establishment, or for those not having
done their homework, a map or phone-a-friend may be of help!

We have a table upstairs booked for “NLUG Linux”. Please check with the
friendly staff if lost.

Some of us will be there early to sample some of their fine bar food

Thence sometime later, we likely will stay there, or move next door into
the Junkyard :-)

As always, all welcome for all and anything GNU and Linux!

See ya there,