[Nottingham] Support documentation Policies

T.J long thing tall_long_thing at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 11 17:52:20 UTC 2019

Hi Guys,

It’s been a while but I’m wondering if anyone had thoughts on policies involving time allowances for support teams to update notes in support cases.

To set the scene the company I work for is tiny (5 people in the office about the same out in the world somewhere) so other than holiday’s I not only ran the support desk I pretty much was the support desk. I’m pretty forgetful so most day’s the last thing I did was update my notes in our support portal so I knew where I got to the next day. Recently our customer base grew significantly so our directors hired another support person. He’s not so forgetful so doesn’t tend to write things down which worked until he starts going off sick. Suddenly I’m looking into cases I have no idea if they’re done, part done or not even touched. Because of this I was thinking of putting forward a policy of the last 30 mins of everyday are for updating notes only (we already work 30 mins after the lines are supposed to close anyway). Having not managed more than me I’m not sure how common this is? Does anyone out there no of any other way’s companies try to make sure notes and documentation are done?

Thanks
TJ