[Nottingham] [Talk] *Tomorrow* 7:30pm Thursday 19/09/2019: Debriefing Backups, Dual Booting, Firejail, OSHCamp and CCH-retro-weekend

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 16:59:11 UTC 2019

Folks,

Debriefing Backups, Dual Booting, Firejail, OSHCamp and CCH-retro-weekend

http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/event/debriefing-backups-dual-booting-firejail-oshcamp-and-cch-retro-weekend

What a fun-packed few days with fantastic weather, unbelievable
political turmoil even by British standards, and some good fun events.

Sadly also, the creator of GNU and founder of the Free Software
Foundation, Dr Richard Stallman, has been moved to resign after being
targeted by some very hurtful unwelcome gutter press. See one view from
The Register:

"Stallman’s final interview as FSF president: Last week we quizzed him
over Microsoft visit. Now he quits top roles..."

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/09/17/richard_stallman_final_interview/

Phew! What a night to come!! Without further ado, we have:

*    Backups;
*    Dual booting and dual boot installs;
*    Firejail tweaks;
*    OSHCamp debrief;
*    Cambridge Retro Weekend debrief;
*    GNU and what next?

All at:

*Start 7:30pm*

*The Herbert Kilpin*

10 Bridlesmith Walk
Nottingham NG1 2HB

Phone: 0115 9484743

For those unaware of that fine establishment, or for those not having
done their homework, a map or phone-a-friend may be of help!

We have a table upstairs booked for “NLUG Linux”. Please check with the
friendly staff if lost.

Some of us will be there early to sample some of their fine bar food :-)

Thence sometime later, we likely will stay there!

As always, all welcome for all and anything GNU and Linux :-)

See ya there,