[Nottingham] (Help/Call - ) Support documentation Policies

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Wed Sep 18 18:10:52 UTC 2019

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019, T.J long thing via Nottingham wrote:
> Think we need to get the policies in place and approved from
> management before the support desk grows with any more regular
> engineers.

TJ, would the following help:

Phone:

  (1) Update the support tracker/log entry whilst *still on the
      phone*.
  (2) Read back the summary to the customer to confirm that the
      understanding of the situation is mutual.
  (3) Only hang up after the tracker has been confirmed saved.

Email:

  (1) Update the support tracker/log entry.
  (2) Copy-paste the entry to the customer to confirm mutual
      understanding.

	-Paul