[Nottingham] [Talk] *Tomorrow* 7:30pm Thursday 23/04/2020: HDDs, Data, Pigs, Elephants, Pink, Geese, and Wild Vibrations...

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Apr 22 18:57:14 UTC 2020

Folks,

Staying virtual until we evolve onwards around the SARS-CoV-2 virus and
the resultant COVID-19...

(See: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus )

NLUG continues socially online!

*Tomorrow* 7:30pm Thursday 23/04/2020

https://meet.jit.si/NLUGmeet03

After introductions we have a Mini-talk:

*HDDs, Data, Pigs, Elephants, Pink, Geese, and Wild Vibrations*

For this 'talk night' we have a short (15 mins) presentation and talk of
my carefree experiences of enthusiastically hammering away too close to
live computer equipment.

(OK, so that's the technical explanation. More directly: Clearing up the
bits from banging planks together and rattling too-nearby live disks!)

That is also a very good excuse for me to try to impress with the latest
version of LibreOffice Impress :-P

Thereafter, we need no excuse for us to catch up with what the group has
been doing.

Have your beverages to hand, and lets party!

See y'all online.

All welcome :-)

Stay safe!
Martin

Technical bits:

See:

Jitsi Meet Security & Privacy
https://jitsi.org/news/security/

For mobile devices:

Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jitsi.meet

Apple app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jitsi-meet/id1165103905

History and background:

Jitsi is a collection of free and open-source multiplatform voice
(VoIP), videoconferencing and instant messaging applications:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jitsi