[Nottingham] who needs archives?

godfrey at gnnix.co.uk godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Sat Aug 15 14:22:22 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am having to do a big clear out and among my piles of books I have
come across a folder of old computer programmes and other items going
back over last 50 years. Anyone think it is worth keeping such things as
-

programme to calculate Apollo moon launches (written in 1970);
letter to local phone company, Diamond Cable, on how to become internet
point of presence;
letter to employer's clients (like BA, BASF, IBM, Bay Networks, HP, etc)
on using '<' and '>' to mark pieces of their press releases in bold or
italics, for use by translators, written in early 1980s;
article in local magazine promoting use of electronic mail, written
around 1985.
Those letters were written whilst I was employee of a PR company, and
when I left I joined a hosting company located in Hockley.

I am of a mind to junk the lot, along with old diaries and piles of
photos from travels across USA and Europe. What does anyone think - keep
or junk it all?

Godfrey