[Nottingham] selling HP laptop computer

godfrey at gnnix.co.uk godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 07:23:07 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

Have been clearing and sorting out, trying to raise cash for medical
care needs, and came across an 'old' laptop, forgotten by family
members. Bought in May 2018, it was 'replaced' by an iPad that
Christmas, and now the family member has forgotten the password to log
in!

The laptop is an HP model 15, in very good condition, complete with
mains charger. It is just that I have my own computer and am trying to
raise several hundred pounds for medical equipment for wife who has MS
(not that one, the other incurable disease) so I am trying to sell off
this laptop, old books, bike, etc to raise the cash.

I could take it to a shop to get it unlocked, but that will cost me. I
could wipe the whole disk and install Ubuntu - that will ensure nothing
confidential is left on it. But will I get less for the computer if it
does not have Windows on it?

Any thoughts, please?

Greetings,
Godfrey