[Nottingham] [Social] *TODAY* 8:30pm Thursday 09/07/2020: Awakening to Renewed Freedoms

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 15:40:56 UTC 2020

Folks,

> Staying virtual until we evolve onwards around the SARS-CoV-2 virus and
> the resultant COVID-19...
>
> (See: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus )
>
> NLUG continues socially online!

*TODAY* 8:30pm (BST) Thursday 09/07/2020 (That's 7:30pm _GMT_  )

https://meet.jit.si/NLUGmeet08

> This week is nominally our 'social' so I'm sure we need no excuse for us
> to randomly catch up with what the group and the world has been doing.
>
> Have your nibbles and beverages to hand, and lets party!

If there's interest, I've a few fun pictures of "homeworking" to show
off including a very old example from circa late 1980's...

Also for a giggle, I have a small example of how a bash "one-liner"
quickly evolved into multiple loops of fragile procedural turgidity!
That can be compared to the more robust elegance of programming instead
a "FSM"...

And meanwhile, there is the rest of the world as ever!

What is the group thought on how and when we next meet in the unclean
real world?...

See y'all online.

All welcome :-)

Stay safe!