[Nottingham] [Talk] *Tomorrow* Thursday 7:30pm 26/03/2020: Going Virtual!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Mar 25 15:27:15 UTC 2020

Folks,

I'm sure you've all been 'informed' in various ways all about the newly
prominent virus SARS-CoV-2 and the resultant COVID-19.

See: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

And the source data that has prompted the present UK 'stay-at-home'
quarantining can be found for a rather disturbing read on:

Modelling by Imperial College London
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

Hence, now is the time for us to sample the wonder of FLOSS for going
for our first *virtual* meeting!

There's lots to see and discuss!! ;-) :-) :-)

For ease of access, I'm looking at throwing together something to
support a webRTC virtual meeting so that y'all can connect with merely a
webcam and a web browser. (If anyone has a willing big internet uplink,
I'm very happy for the bandwidth ;-) :-) )

Watch the list for details!

Hopefully you've already got your supply of beverages to hand!! :-)

Stay safe,

FLOSS: Free/Libre Open Source Software
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open-source_software#FLOSS

SARS-CoV-2: