[Nottingham] [Misc] Peer-peer and group video conferencing

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Oct 10 22:18:38 UTC 2020

Folks,

We seem to have very good success with Jitsi...

(With the one exception of my example with the latest bleeding edge
version of Firefox or a wobbly ISP on the night...)

Just to try some alternatives... Any recommendations?

Any ideas for hosting our own even??!

We /could/ host Jitsi. Looking at that the best way looks to be via
Docker...

And then also, has anyone any experience of:

Signal
(peer-peer only, no group conferencing)

p2p.chat
(peer-peer, ok for group conference or too soon bandwidth limited?)

Nextcloud Talk

BigBlueButton

Jami

???