[Nottingham] [Misc] Microsoft/Windows in the news... Over the Edge?!...

VM vadim at mankevich.co.uk
Wed Sep 30 17:27:48 UTC 2020

Perhaps Linus Torvalds is winning but definitely not RMS.
A few years ago I warned of the risk that Microsoft could adopt Linux kernel when the idea was still considered a conspiracy theory. Apparently the idea is now being planted into minds of a wider audience. It could make a perfect business sense for MS to exploit work of other people. Just don't expect any of the freedoms of Linux-based operating systems as we know them.
Now the next conspiracy theory, we'll know in a couple of years if it's true. MS leaked sources for legacy operating systems (you know, the ones not infested by numerous backdoors and privacy invasion) with an aim to excercise legal powers and eventually overtake all translation technologies like Wine and Proton. They might extinguish ReactOS as well as a bonus.