[Nottingham] [Social] *TODAY* 2030 Thursday 08/04/2021: You Eff? Aye, Right.

J I jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 10:57:19 UTC 2021

 Greetings from the wild and wooly North, your surrogate Martin reporting
for duty. I have no idea if this was meant to be a social meet or not, but
it is now.

We have:
    *NLUG is Socially Online* !
    *TODAY* 2030 BST Thursday 08/04/2021
    NLUG 'Social': *You Eff? Aye, Right.*
    Link: https://meet.jit.si/NLUGmeet26

This week is our 'social' so I'm sure we need no excuse for us to randomly
catch up with what the group and the world has been doing or /should/ be
doing, and enjoying our present crazy mix of sun, snow, floods, ice,
quick-mud, wind, gusty breezes, and whatever else...

Find out about my amazing adventures trying to install the latest KDE Neon
onto a T430, what happened (and nearly didn't) with a UEFI update and why
the Calamares installer is really rather good, except for the magic
combination I chose!

What do you end up doing when you have to keep adding things to get over
the minimum order quantity for homebrew stuff? No, not Homebew but homebrew!

SCO is risen from the dead. RMS is (kinda) risen from the dead. Louis
Rossman is a man on a mission to reform the USA (and he really should get
in contact with Karn Sandler). Is this good? Is it bad? I am sure we can
have a friendly argument...err...debate on the night.

Grab some drink and nibbles, pull up an opinion (probably best if it's your
own, but it doesn't have to be) and feel free to join in. Even if it is to
just say "Hi!"

All welcome & stay safe!

(Not) Martin

Technical bits: