[Nottingham] anyone still here?

fay_knight fay_knight at zoho.com
Thu Jan 25 12:39:47 UTC 2024

Good to hear from people again!

I'm a big fan of Syncthing, been using it for years, although still with alternative backup on a portable hard drive just to be ultra-safe.

I managed to get a foot in the door with a small local IT firm a few years ago, so there's been plenty of work there to keep me busy.  I'd love to meet up in person again at some point, but these days I can only really do weekends.

---- On Thu, 25 Jan 2024 12:14:11 +0000 Martin Kirk via Nottingham <nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote ---

I recently discovered https://syncthing.net/ for just that purpose.

Really easy to use and will sync across LAN without reaching out to
external service.