[Nottingham] hello

Nic Deane nicholasdeane7 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 14:42:59 UTC 2024

Hi all,

I am one of those lurkers who still stay connected but haven't dropped
by on a Thursday for quite a few years.

I am well retired and still live in Chilwell. Once someone from the
group helped me with my little Korean Samsung NC110 to load Mint onto it
when I was having trouble getting past the fast boot option. I
appreciated that help very much.

Otherwise, as you say, I guess, most of my very simple problems get
sorted in the Mint forums. My level of knowledge and use of Linux is
very elementary. I don't run Linux systems or program or anything
sophisticated like that.

I have just bought a new Think Penguin T4 laptop, ordered in from the
US, which came in just 3½ days! Great piece of kit for a lowly user like
me. I am just getting used to it.

Nicholas (Nic) Deane