[Phpwm] [OT] Top Posting

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 09:42:28 GMT 2005

On 12/12/05, Joe Beard <joe.beard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/11/05, Iain Wallace <iain at strawp.net> wrote:
> > Also: Please stop top-posting!
>
> I dont wish to start a religious war, but is it list policy not to top
> post? I use google mail (home) and outlook (work) to write my emails
> and I am therefor a top poster,

The software doesn't force you to top post. I am using google and I'm
not top posting..

> and infact with google mail I dont
> mind where people post as it is inteligent enough to quote out the old
> parts of the mail, very useful!

Doesn't make it right. Many people don't use gmail as their client.

> As a preference I prefer top posting,
> only because I sift through so much mail and it save me having to find
> the new part of the mail.

But you lose the context of the mail. People who top post also seem to
be unable to trim down their replies. Note you replied to one line,
but all the crap from the previous mail was still there.

Al.