Stephen's Defense (was Re: [Phpwm] Request for talks for the first PHPWM meeting on 11th May)

Jake Stride jake.stride at senokian.com
Wed Apr 26 19:32:23 BST 2006

Stephen Parkes wrote:
> On 4/26/06, Ian Munday <ian.munday at illumen.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Boring.  Time to move on.
>>

> When people attack me unjustly I have the right to defend myself, if
> it bores you skip the message.

Well change the subject if you feel that strongly - your messages have
nothing to do with the current subject. You may want to google on
mailing list etiquette pages. I have quoted the relevant paragraph if
you are in a hurry:

"Please make sure that your postings have a meaningful subject line, as
many people use this to help determine which posts to read and which to
ignore when they're operating under time constraints. If you're replying
to a message and the topic of your reply is drifting from the original
subject, then edit it. A common convention is to change a subject of
``Wilma's hair'' to ``Betty's hair (was Wilma's hair)'' when you do this
to provide continuity between the threads. Try to snip off any obsolete
``was'' bits though, or subject lines can get unmanageably long."