[Phpwm] Basic PHP Query (Very basic!)

Justin Joyce justin.joyce at cit.coop
Thu Apr 27 12:02:39 BST 2006

Thanks for input Jon - I know there was / is a CRON job running due to
previously having access to the mailbox that received the job. This
windows account has now been closed so it is no longer possible to get
them. Code for the cron.php file used on the site is below:

<?

$mysql_link = mysql_connect("217.8.240.11", "birthday", "card");
$sdp=mysql_select_db("emp_data");
$adminemail = "happybirthday at coopbirthday.co.uk ";
$dt = date("Y/m/d");

        $str = "Select empid,firstname,lastname,email from
employeemaster where dayofmonth(dateofbirth)='" .date("d") . "' and
month(dateofbirth)='" . date("m") . "'" ;
        //echo $str;
        $rs = mysql_query($str) or die(mysql_error());
        $num_rows = mysql_num_rows($rs);

        if ($num_rows > 0)
        {
                $strf = "select cardurl from birthdaycardmaster";
                $resultf = mysql_query($strf) or die(mysql_error());
                if (mysql_num_rows($resultf) > 0)
                list($cardfile) = mysql_fetch_array($resultf);
                if (isset($cardfile) && $cardfile <> "" &&
file_exists($cardfile))
                {
                        $msgsubj = "";
                        $sql="Select msgid,msgsubj from messagemaster
order by msgid desc limit 1";
                        $result=mysql_query($sql);
                        if(mysql_num_rows($result)>0)

list($msgid,$msgsubj)=mysql_fetch_array($result);
                        //echo $msgid . " " . $msgsubj . "dd";
                        if (isset($msgsubj) && $msgsubj <> "")
                        {

while(list($empid,$firstname,$lastname,$email) = mysql_fetch_array($rs))
                                        {
                                                //echo $cardfile .
$email . "<br>";
                                                /*$m= new Mail; //
create the mail
                                                $m->From($adminemail);
                                                $m->To($email);
                                                $m->Subject($msgsubj);
                                                //$m->Attach($cardfile,
"application/x-zip-compressed" ,"attachment") ;        // attach a file
of type image/gif
                                                $msg =  "<font
face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif' size='2'><b>Dear " .
view your card, click on the following link. <br><br> <a
href=\"http://www.coopbirthday.co.uk/cardview.php?id=$empid\">http://www
                                                        //
                                                $m->Body( $msg);
// set the body
                                                $m->Priority(2) ;
// set the priority to Low
                                                $m->Send();        //
send the mail
                                                */
                                                $subject = $msgsubj;
                                                $emal = $adminemail ; //
from
                                                $eml = $email;  //to
                                                $headers = "From:" .
$emal ."\nReply-To: " .$emal. "\nContent-Type: text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1;";
                                                $msg =
of the day<br><br>To view your card, click on the following link.
href=\"http://www.coopbirthday.co.uk/cardview.php?id=$empid\">http://www

                                                //echo $eml . " " .
$subject . " " . $msg . " " . $headers;
                                                if
(!mail("$eml","$subject","$msg","$headers"))
                                                $mailmsg=1;
                                                else
                                                $mailmsg=2;

                                                $strEmp = "Update
employeemaster set msgid = $msgid,msgdate = '" . $dt . "' where empid =
" . $empid;
                                                mysql_query($strEmp);
                                        }
                        }