[Phpwm] Re: Phpwm Digest, Vol 29, Issue 3

Jon Spriggs jon at spriggs.org.uk
Fri Aug 11 14:09:50 BST 2006

On 8/11/06, Ian Munday <ian.munday at illumen.co.uk> wrote:
> > David Goodwin asked: Would it be a good idea for the phowm site to
> > contain a list of (willing) members, along with skills etc?
>
> Yes.  I think it'd be a great idea to have a members / skill listing
> section.
>
> > I know there are sites and services such as freelancers.net etc,
> > but to be honest I would rather build up a network of smaller dev
> > companies where we all know each other can meet up occasionally.
>
> Agreed.  Although if it became too big (e.g. 100s) or general (i.e.
> not just anything IT-related) it would actually negate it's
> usefulness in my opinion.

How about either Wiki'ing it, or perhaps have some form of rating
(e.g. I think I'm rated 5/10 in my MySQL knowledge OR I got you to do
some work for me, and you scored a 9/10)? That way, you get *YOUR*
knowledge level identified, and the person who you worked for gets to
grade your work. Perhaps, like the Hot-or-not site, your score only
gets listed once you've had 5 ratings? Or perhaps, it could be a bit
more social-networky where you trust person A, and if person B trusts
you, then you trust person A 75%?

Hmmmm... all possibilities ;)

Jon "The Nice Guy" (Not really an innovator!)