[Phpwm] wiki?

Tony Whitmore phpwm at tonywhitmore.co.uk
Sun Aug 20 18:15:16 BST 2006

Phil Beynon wrote:
>> David Goodwin wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Do people think a wiki (not open to anonymous edits/updates) would be
>>> useful for the group?
>> Why have it restricted in this way? It does kinda fly against the ethos
>> of wikis.
>>
>> Tony
>
> Probably because like so many others it will sadly get spammed and abused to
> obliteration once detected if its open to all!

That shows poor or inadequate spam protection rather than anything else.
IME wikis that require logins suffer from reduced activity and quickly
become outdated. What a wiki should have is some decent anti-spam
protection and some active moderators. I'd put our HantsLUG wiki and the
infopoint wiki up as examples.

Tony