[Phpwm] wiki?

James Timbrell james.timbrell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 20:57:09 BST 2006

Hi all,

It's my first time posting, although I've been reading for some time now.

I agree with Peter, give a try and see how it goes. It'd be good to have
information based in some central searchable place. The group member area
sounds like a great idea too.

Get something up there and see what it becomes.

--

James Timbrell

james.timbrell at gmail.com
uk phone: 0121 288 6680
uk fax: 0870 051 0758

On 20/08/06, Tony Whitmore <phpwm at tonywhitmore.co.uk> wrote:

> Phil Beynon wrote:

> >> Why have it restricted in this way? It does kinda fly against the ethos
> >> of wikis.
> >>
> >> Tony
> >
> > Probably because like so many others it will sadly get spammed and
> abused to
> > obliteration once detected if its open to all!
>
> That shows poor or inadequate spam protection rather than anything else.
> IME wikis that require logins suffer from reduced activity and quickly
> become outdated. What a wiki should have is some decent anti-spam
> protection and some active moderators. I'd put our HantsLUG wiki and the
> infopoint wiki up as examples.
>
> Tony

James Timbrell

email: james at timbrell.com