[Phpwm] Frameworks....

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 18:44:44 BST 2006

> I personally prefer just writing code and reusing my own code on the grounds
> that I learn more as I do it, I don't have to rely on someone elses testing
> and ideas and its generally more fun.

Erm, but on the other hand, if you can't abstract some things and treat
them like they are black boxes, you'll never be able to build
greater/bigger things.... as you'll always be caught in the detail.

I'd always rather use a library that has been written by others than
writing one myself, as it should then be better tested and more mature.

Of course, learning new APIs isn't always fun, and debugging other
people's code can be a difficult, but I think the pros normally
outweight the cons.

Oh, of course, other people never write decent documentation...

(A mixed message perhaps?)