[Phpwm] AJAX Training

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue Feb 21 15:35:06 GMT 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:17:47 -0000
"Justin Joyce" <justin.joyce at cit.coop> wrote:

> A good qualification to have on the CV also!

You have to becareful about thinking like this as it can be very
detrimental to your employment prospects if it looks like this is your
aim.

It's been almost 10 years since I last trawled through CV's and decided
who to interview and 5 years since I sat on an interview panel but I
binned a great deal of CV's because they where full of training their
previous employers had paid for.

I'd rather employ somebody who spent a couple of years at a company
working rather than looking for the next bit of free training to add to
their CV ;-)

In my personal experience lots of other people had similarly odd ways
of thinning down candidates. I know one person who never read the
education section and another who had his secretary tipex out the
company names in previous employment sections so they wouldn't effect
his judgment either way.  Once I learned these things I started writing
about the skills I developed and what projects I practised them on
making it harder for potential employers to butcher my CV.

Of course it helps when you don't have many qualifications to list ;-)
I am very proud to have taught several levels higher than my own formal
education succesfully for several years.  In fact thinking about it the
only qualifications I have are GCSE's because I haven't finished a
course since school (two different degree's started, all A grades,
bored after 12 months each time) and I have taught about 5 different
HND modules.  I think it's an Aspergers thing ;-)

sparkes
--
More uninformed crap on my blog http://sp.arkes.co.uk
die young as late as possible