[Phpwm] installing pnmscale / netpbm

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Mon May 8 15:07:49 BST 2006

  Hi,
  I'm  using cjpeg and djpeg and pnmscale to rescale images through a php
upload script.

  I haven't got pnmscale on my server. I've read around a bit and found that
i need to install netpbm. How do i install this on red hat? Also which
directory do I install it to?

  I use apt-get install on my laptop at home which works a treat. Is there
something similar for red hat?

  Also is there a better way of automatically rescaling images whilst
maintaing quality and aspect ratios? GD Library?
  Thanks in advance,
  Sukh

  I normally use ImageMagick - its free and works very well. You can specify
if aspect rations are preserved or not.

  Regards,

  Phil Beynon
  Sales director

  ** http://www.diygear.com THE Online DIY Toolstore For DIY & Business
  ** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd. http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
  ** Professional Web Design & Cobalt Hosting Solutions
  ** Contact: Sales at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
  ** Tel / Fax 0121 458 4894 (office) 0121 441 3558 (home) 07801 548464
(mobile)