[Phpwm] MVC in PHP

Paul Cooper pgc at openadvantage.org
Tue May 16 14:01:52 BST 2006

Hi Pete,
----- pete graham <petegraham1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> How many of you uses MVC when developing PHP web applications?
>
> At the PHPWM meeting it was interesting to learn more about the Smarty
> templating system, especially the fact that it is being used in large
> scale applications. Smarty is something that I had never serious
> considered using before. I have decided now is a good time to reflect
> on how I write my PHP applications and the pro's and con's of
> alternative techniques.
>
> For those of you that do use MVC do you use a formal prewritten
> framework or have you invented/written your own?

I use the HTML_Template_Flexy and DB_DataObject from PEAR - both were written by Alan Knowles (who's site seems to be having problems). If there is interest I'm happy to talk about these at the next meeting.

I looked briefly at WASP but found the documentation a bit lacking and couldn't really get into it. Apparantly they've moved on some and even have an (alpha) Eclipse extension for WASP app development.

Paul

--
Paul Cooper                    |  Tel: 0121 634 1620
Assistant Director             |  Fax: 0121 634 1630