[Phpwm] PHP with Cron

pete graham petegraham1 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:25:46 BST 2006

I am setting up some PHP scripts that will be called by cron. Since I have
PHP installed as an apache module I was planning to use lynx to load the PHP
file.

I am testing this on my dev server first, however I have found that Lynx
seems to ignore the Virtual Hosts that I have specified in /etc/hosts file,
and therefore cannot connect to any of the sites on my Dev server. I tried
using wget as an alternative to lynx and found the same problem. Graphical
browsers such as firefox have the ability to use the hosts file without a
problem.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed or an alternative method that I can
use?

In case anyone is interested I am checking that the client IP is the same as
the server IP in the files for security reasons, so only the server itself
can call the cron pages.

Pete