[Phpwm] 'Sequencing' Question

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 10:12:28 GMT 2006

Darren Beale wrote :
> Here I am not requoting the entire digest :p
>
> > I'd be interested to see if anyone else has found an
> > intuitive way of doing
> > this. The only way I can think of is a field to enter a
> > 'sequence number',
> > but that is prone to duplication by the user, not to mention
> > being a pain in
> > the bum.
>
> You could get them to drag things around for the right order?
>
> http://www.gregphoto.net/sortable/index.php
>
> I recently used something similar where previously I'd have done the arrow
> up/down sorting method

Even with a dragging like interface, you still need some weighting of
items; all situations where I've seen a need/requirement to order
things, the 'items' just have an integer weighting. sometimes that's
editable by hand, sometimes through use of drop down lists, or sometimes
through up/down arrows.