[Phpwm] 'Sequencing' Question

Darren Beale public.darren.beale at siftware.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 10:47:21 GMT 2006

> Even with a dragging like interface, you still need some weighting of
> items; all situations where I've seen a need/requirement to order
> things, the 'items' just have an integer weighting. sometimes that's
> editable by hand, sometimes through use of drop down lists,
> or sometimes through up/down arrows.

I figured that was implied, but maybe not.

Yes, each item has an integer order field in the DB that dictates the order
they are shown/used. Dragging the item higher or lower sends a call back
that updates the DB and changes that order up or down (and re-orders the
other ones). Exactly the same deal as pushing up/down arrow but arguably
less clunky.

Cheers