[Phpwm] auto reading Zip files

alan dunn alan at dunns.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 13:23:30 GMT 2006

We have laptops(windoze) around the country ftp'ing zip files in to our
server. Then we are planning to use a cron job to open the files and
read the contents. If the file is OK no problem. If the zip file is
corrupted then ziparchive::open will give us an error message and we can
react accordingly and move the archive to a 'review these later' folder.

But is it possible to differentiate between a corrupt file which has
finished downloading and a file which is in the process of being
downloaded when our cron job comes along looking for something to do?

Thanks for any thoughts, alan dunn