[Phpwm] Spreadsheet/Excel/Writer.php

ibalm at cas-auditbase.co.uk ibalm at cas-auditbase.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 13:55:09 GMT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: phpwm-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:phpwm-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of alan dunn
Sent: 10 November 2006 14:08
To: phpwm
Subject: [Phpwm] Spreadsheet/Excel/Writer.php

I am trying to use pear Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer to output report data
for my client.

The class works in that I get an xls file written to my desktop. But the
only excel message I have got so far when trying to open it is
"testfile.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read only, or you may
be trying to access a read only site, Or the server the document is
stored on may not be responding"

The file is sitting on my own desktop - and I have checked the read only
settings - no problem there. This is documented as a problem on the pear
site but without a fix!

I wonder if anyone else has been here, knows a fix or a workaround?

alan dunn

I have been using this and found a couple of things which might cause
problems. As I remember it, it has to have a temporary directory on the
server (called tmp I think), secondly I have had trouble with nothing
appearing if the spreadsheet title is too long, although what too long is I
don't know.